Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The fate of SEVEN

Dear SEVEN users,

I'm guessing all of you noticed the forum suddenly disappearing a few days ago. I have yet to get official notice as to why it was deleted and it seems to be gone. Entirely.
While I do have a somewhat recent back-up it's not enough to reconstruct the forum and all of it's members and posts since not every neccessary file library is included.

That now leaves me with the question what to do? Even if I wasn't very active lately I always loved SEVEN as both a place to talk with you guys and a place to get all the Nana news and downloads.
That is why, for now, I created a blog in place of it. I don't have the time to set up another forum at the moment and I must honestly say I'm not sure it's worth it to go through all the work. The last forum was run over by bots to the extent I had to completely disable registration of new members. You weren't able to see them but there were literally hundreds of spam posts every day waiting to get accepted on the forum, too many for me to look through them and accept the ones coming from real, new users instead of the 10-50 new bots registering every day.

On this blog I will try to post the most important Nana news and some Downloads starting in a few days(I'll wait a few days before I really start posting so this stays at the top and people can read it) so there remains an English, non-torrent, non-members only place you can easily get those things online and I may create a new forum in a few weeks or months when I'm not drowning in exams anymore.

I hope you'll visit this blog and maybe a new forum someday.
If you want to reach me you can leave a comment here(using a google, livejournal or wordpress account), message me at jpopsuki(noidea) or mail me at mirrorcle@hotmail.de and if you have a google, twitter or yahoo account you can follow this blog to get updates.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    This is NekoArcadia from the forums. It really blows that this seemed to happen yet again :( Opening a blog in place of it was a great idea though.

    I was actually thinking since the last time the forum went down that I might start my own one up, and it seems like this'd be a fruitful time to do so since Nana Seven doesn't look like it'll be back for a while. I could even name it SEVEN with your permission, or I might give it a whole new name. I've admin'd a couple of moderately successful forums before, and I know a few providers that seem stable and seem to have kept my forums up after a good 5-7 years in some cases, even through long droughts of inactivity.

    Anyway, best of luck to both of us in our endeavors to bring Nana to a more international audience, and thanks for all the hard work you've done for SEVEN and for putting up with all of its problems ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a pity, but what happens happens. I still don't know why, I'm guessing it must have something to do with the downloads and stuff since Germany has very strict laws about that and the server was German.

      If you start a forum I will give you my full support, we could even work together on it(in which ways we would have to discuss obviously - my only real complaint about the forum was the admin workload just turning into so much from the downtimes, bots...so anything that is not on the putting up with downtime, deleted stuff and bots side I will do haha) or somehow connect it to this blog. So mail me at mirrorcle@hotmail.de if you wanna talk about that :)

      Delete
  2. Hi guys, i'm etere from the nanaseven forum! sorry that i'm not as active recently, but i have been visiting the forum even though i'm not posting much. i can help too if you guys are gonna start a forum again, but in terms of updating news about her since i can understand a little japanese enough to know whats going on. All the best for you guys and i definitely hope we can start a new,better, bigger forum! Ganbatte!~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! We have a new forum in partnership with this blog at http://nana-mizuki.proboards.com/index.cgi already :)
      I would really appreciate it if you could help us with some Japanese sometimes!

      Delete
  3. i see, lets work hard and get this forum up too :D ganbatte! > w <

    ReplyDelete